You're Not The Only One Feeling Stuck
Life Stages

It's OK To Feel Stuck Senior Year

I promise you're not the only one.

131
It's OK To Feel Stuck Senior Year

It's happened to all of us. We're having a great time our last year in college; meeting new people, making our last college memories, traveling all over the world, until the dreadful realization occurs. I have no idea what I'm going to do after graduation.

OK, I have somewhat of an idea of what I would ideally like to do, but realistically, I have nothing lined up. I don't have an internship ready post-graduation, let alone a full-time job lined up.

Fast forward after a solid 30-minute freak-out and my mom caught a glimpse of the title of my article, I realized: it's OK to feel stuck your senior year.

Sure it might seem like "everyone" you know has their life together and have everything lined up and ready after graduation, but the truth is, a lot of people don't. Just because someone has that one job lined up doesn't mean it's going to be something they stick with or something they even end up enjoying. Just because you don't have something lined up, doesn't mean you won't find what you're looking for.

Yes, it's absolutely important and necessary to plan for your future and apply early to positions you're interested in, but it shouldn't consume your thoughts constantly. Life always has a way of working itself out. As long as you're doing your best and putting the work in, you will find something that works for you, even if it's not right away. Life is not a race, and we are all on our own individual paths. The worst possible thing you can do is compare yourself to others around you.

We all have our own set of bumps in the road and you, realistically, don't know what those around you are going through. The best thing you can do senior year is to take a deep breath, continue to do everything you can to reach your goals, and enjoy this last year of college before graduation.