To The Girl Stuck In A Toxic Relationship

It's time to let go.

6
Julian Miles

Believe me when I say I know it's hard to let go. You feel like they're the one, like they're the only person for you, and you believe them when they say they love you. You're certain you need a man like him, and though you're trying so hard, it never seems to be enough for him. Maybe you left him once or twice, or maybe he left you, but you still find yourself going right back. His number is impossible to block, and his love is all you crave. You feel empty when he's gone, and you struggle to find the strength to leave him, or maybe you don't want to leave him.

Maybe the thought of losing him is enough to break your heart, but what do you lose trying to keep him? How many nights has he left you feeling worthless? How many sleepless nights have you spent wishing he was there? How many times have you yearned for his warm embrace when the world hurts too much, but he just couldn't be bothered? How long will you let him chip away at your golden mind before you decide enough is enough. You are so much more than his opinions of you. You are not a failure without him. Your with is not defined by his absence or presence.

Is it really love he's showing you when he shuts you out? Is it really love when he's constantly cheating on you? Is it really love when he belittles you? Is it love if he won't commit? Is it love when he leaves you to cry over words he screamed into your face?

You are so much more than what he tells you you are. You are worthy of love, the kind that cares, the sort of love that shines with kindness, the kind of love that has more laughter than heartache, and the kind of love that doesn't hurt. Stop trying so hard to be worthy of his love, and allow yourself the opportunity to find someone worthy of you.