It's Normal To Struggle To Find Your Passion In College

Choosing a major is simple for some people since they know what they want, but for other people it's a different story.

20
https://unsplash.com/photos/JAkWUtmsFXM

Choosing a major is simple for some people since they know what they want. They have a plan and the path is clear. It might be hard, but they are willing to put the effort into accomplishing what the end goal is. As for other people, including myself, it is a different story. I am in my second year and currently a marketing student. I do not really have a plan as other people have which stresses me out because I usually am very prepared and like to know what is in store for the future. My friends always tell me that something will come up soon that will help me find my true calling in life. I have yet to experience that. It feels as if there is nothing I am really passionate about.

The scary feeling of not knowing what to study in college never leaves my mind. It truly does stink to think about. I try to keep my mind off of it since stressing about it will not take me anywhere. I know there are other people out there thinking about the same thing and can relate to the confusion of what to major in. It is very important to realize that it is normal to feel this way. Many people graduate and get a job and still have no idea what they want to do. It takes each person different lengths of time to figure out what their true passion is.

What is important to realize is that if you can not find something you are interested in right now, it will come soon. It might be now or some time in the future. I am still waiting for that moment where a light bulb will turn on inside of me and be like: "I know what I want to do with my life."

Try to join a club or volunteer somewhere. Get involved and be proactive. Distract your mind and find something that looks interesting enough to do. Learn what excites you. Remember, you are not alone in this period of confusion. Everything will be okay!