To Anyone Who's Struggling With A Lack Of Motivation In Quarantine, There's So Much You Can Accomplish

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

17
Photo by Laurel Dobrozsi

Dear Reader,

First off, I hope that you are doing well. I hope that you have been able to discover more about yourself during this time of stillness.

I know this time has probably made you feel lonely, unmotivated, or even stressed. We've all been there. We get that feeling in our chest and just wonder, "How did I get to where I am?"

During this time, having already been a month into being trapped inside my house, I am definitely starting to feel less motivated to do the things I need to get done. Even getting up and not wasting my day is hard. How do we continue to live out the best life that we can without letting a day go by that seems wasted during a time like this?

There is so much fear that comes from the unknown, and that is why it is important to figure out how to not let it affect who we are, what we want to accomplish, and our moods from day-to-day. And you are more capable than you may think of achieving all that you desire. I believe in you.

Yeah, you've had a couple of lazy days...that's normal! But we are going to make it through, and not only are we going to make it through, but we are going to do it while getting everything we want out of this time. Now, more than ever, you truly have the time to spend on yourself, and you definitely will not be called selfish. You have the ability and freedom to accomplish the goals you've always had.

Do you want to start a YouTube channel? Then do it. Do you want to write a book? Then do it. Do you want to work out? Then do it. Do you want to eat better? Then do it. Anything that you have your mind and heart set to do, this is the time to chase it down with all the strength left in you. When we don't listen to our hearts and we don't seek out our life goals, we will never be as happy as we would be if we just went for it. The only thing that holds us back is fear. The fear of being judged by friends and family, the fear of looking bad, or not being good at the thing we've always wanted to try. But who cares? I guarantee that people would admire you more for taking a leap of faith.

Of course, don't forget to sit back and relax and watch a little bit of Netflix or read a little from a book you enjoy. But when you're done taking that time to relax, get started on your goals. Baby steps. Allow yourself to be a beginner and to make mistakes. Remember: you are capable of anything you desire. Don't quit when things get hard, and remind yourself daily of your goals and why they mean so much to you. I believe in you, just believe in yourself.

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." - "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho

Your friend,

Laurel D.