8 Summer Time Struggles You'll Only Understand If You're Whiter Than Mayonnaise

A jar of mayonnaise could get a tan easier than me.
1311

With Spring and Summer around the corner, everyone is slowing trading in their thick layers and boots for daisy dukes and tank tops. We are quite literally shedding our winter coats. It is truly a great time of the year. But for some, it is not as great as it is for others. I'm talking about all my pale people out there. If you find yourself paperwhite, immune to tanning, pasty AF, and most likely covered in freckles, then this article is for you.

Now, even though the sun is my mortal enemy, I still love the warmer seasons because I am not the devil. But, with warmer weather, us pale folks have a few struggles that seem to happen each year, no matter how hard we try to prevent it.

1. You can't wear a swimsuit without blinding every unfortunate soul that sees you

^ Everyone after you take off your cover-up to reveal your blindingly pale stomach (and rest of your body).

I can't go swimming without one person commenting on how pale my thighs and stomach are. I get it; I look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

^ In case you needed a visual, this is the Pillsbury Dough Boy, AKA me.

2. You HAVE to wear 1,000,000,000,000 SPF sunscreen

Because if you don't you will be set on fire by the sun and die. No exaggeration.

3. You don't tan you just get more freckles

It looks like an entire constellation of stars is mapped out on my face by the end of the summer.

4. Your sunburns NEVER fade into a tan

You would hope that after being burned to a crisp you would at least get a tan in the end. But no, you are wrong if you ever hope for such fantasies.

5. People constantly compare their new, golden tan to your pasty pale skin

^ Me every time after someone holds up their beautifully tanned arm to my translucent arm. Yes, you are tanner than me, but so is a napkin.

6. Fake tans are not as promising as they seem

To look like a Cheeto or a piece of paper? Neither are ideal options.

7. You are the "pale friend" of your friend group

^ Me every time my friends start to complain about their tan lines.

8. You are too pale for some swimsuits

Some colors are just not going to look good up against paper, pale skin, especially when so much of that pale skin is visible.

But in the end, you just have to embrace your luminous skin and not care that you look like Casper the friendly ghost — because everyone is beautiful in their own way!!! (Sorry for the sap.)

Now go put on some sunscreen.