10 Struggles Of A West Liberty Student

10 Struggles Of A West Liberty Student

It is not always easy living at the top of the hill.

846
10 Struggles Of A West Liberty Student
flickr

WE ARE . . .WEST LIB

Nine miles up Route 88, West Liberty sits upon a hill. The town covered thoroughly with black and gold. Topper pride is seen all over the hilltop, and a fellow hilltopper is easily spotted. However, these students share many struggles that come with going to West Liberty University.

1. A full tank of gas doesn't last long.

Having the closest gas station located at the very bottom of the hill leads to pretty quick depletion. On more than one occasion, I have had to shift my car into neutral and coast.

2. People ask you why the mascot for Hilltoppers is a bear.

This is a question I never know how to answer. Does anyone know? If so, can you tell me? Topper the Bear is pretty awesome though.

3. "Where is that?" "The MIDDLE OF NOWHERE."

The worst part? Someone thought, "You know what would be better than one school hidden on a mountain in West Virginia? TWO COLLEGES." (Looking at you, Bethany)

4. FOOD.

Our choices are slim. Subway doesn't accept meal plan but if you don't have a meal plan, you probably cannot afford to eat on campus daily.

5. "What do you do up there?"

. . . . let me get back to you on that one.

6. Dominos has two meanings.

Are you getting pizza? Or are you going to drink? I'm usually disappointed when pizza is not involved, but that applies for any event I attend.

7. You want to park near your dorm or class? LOL

Parking is horrible. There is just no way around that. If you find a good spot, you do not move your car for days.

8. Everyone knows everyone.

Secrets don't last very long on the hilltop. Give it 24 hours before a minimum of 63 people know something you thought was a secret.

9. Tour days are the worst.

You have to wait excruciatingly long for the salad bar in the cafe, or the Taco Bell line will be way too long to eat in between classes. Not to mention, it is incredibly creepy when you look out the door in class and see 12 high schoolers staring back at you.

10. JUCK FESUIT.

The struggle that accompanies this is actually managing to get into a game. If you want to have a seat at the game, plan to be there HOURS ahead. Nothing unites the hilltop more than a Jesuit game. There's a reason we are at the TOP of the hill.