Struggles of being open-minded and good-hearted

The 3 Struggles That Optimistic, Open-Minded, Good-Hearted People Deal With

Am I wrong for wanting to see the "what might go rights" in this messed up world?

189
Andrea Defilló

In today's world, it is so hard to remain soft and kind. There is so much that goes on outside of ourselves, that influence the inside of ourselves. I believe that there exists a thin line between giving someone advice and telling them what to do, a thinner line between wishing to protect someone, and ruining something for them with the negative poison that comes with the "what might go wrongs." Don't be that person in someone's life, don't be the poison. Maybe I am naïve, but am I wrong for wanting to see the "what might go rights" in this messed up world? I don't think I am, and honestly, that is all that matters. Here are a few struggles that optimistic, open-minded, good-hearted people like me deal with every day.

1. Trying to explain that I'd rather get hurt than not give it a chance.

I rather feel pain than nothing at all. I know you can't understand that because like most humans, you would rather avoid pain, because well, it hurts; but I will always try to explain myself to you because pain is so important to me and has been such a deciding and changing factor in my life. I am who I am because of all the hardships I have endured in my lifetime; and I kinda like this open-minded, loving, up and coming courageous person that I am developing into one non- regretful mistake at a time. Failure is the only way we truly learn, and I have fallen in love with the process of falling and getting back up better and stronger.

2. Getting the negative person to shut the hell up because they are contagious and draining AF. 

As the soft-hearted person that I am, I have always had a hard time with confrontation. I do not like to raise my voice, or make people feel bad with my words, because I think that that is one of the worst things that a human can do to another; but I also very much do not like that I feel the need to explain myself to people. I feel like I need to open-minded the way that I am, why I am the way I am, why I do things the way I do.

Chances are these people don't deserve an explanation from me because chances are, they are close-minded people that have always, and will always believe that their way is the better way without so much as listening to what you have to say. I try because I truly believe that if they understood me, their life could change for the better and they could be rid of their negativity and open their minds to the world. My mother always says "Pick your battles" and I've never heard better advice.

3. Explaining why you get mad when the people you are with make fun of a stranger for their life choices. 

Life choices are hard, creating yourself is hard, and harder every day as society tries to shape and mold us with its ideas of how things should or should not be, how we should act and look. Labels hurt, they ruin and end lives. I think people that stand up for what they believe and feel comfortable with their every choice are BRAVE. They should not be made fun of for not sticking to the status quo, the open-minded should be celebrated as rebels because in today's world the hardest thing you can do is be yourself. In a world of stereotypes, labels, and discrimination, all you want to do to save your heart and mental health is hide, copy and conform. I celebrate you rebels, I envy your courage, and I will always slap my close-minded friends when they're laughing at you.

Life is what I call an experimental process where things are constantly changing, and gears are constantly in motion, or at least I hope so. As long as I am alive, I will strive for change. I will always give chances, and I will always be looking to step out of my comfort zone and try new things because that is what living means to me; and I will always, always choose to see the good and the best in people because that is who I am. It also means falling and hurting, but that is part of the natural process of becoming better and stronger.

So, to all the haters out there you say, "bitch don't kill my vibe! this is how I chose to live my life, this is how I will continue to live it, stop telling me what I should and should not do." To all my lovely readers, I am not telling you to be reckless and dangerously naïve, because the goal is not to end our lives but to live them to the fullest. I want you to think a little less, but never stop thinking and listening to your intuition and common sense. I am telling you to believe in yourself and live your life how you wish to, ain't nothing in this world that's gonna to make you happier than living it the way you want to, no rules, no restrictions, no norms, no labels, no negativity, no society. Just you.