10 Struggles Everyone With Imperfect Vision Can Relate To

Glasses and contacts may fix your struggle with vision, but add a whole new world of struggles.

47
https://mashable.com/2014/06/11/napoleon-dynamite-anniversary/
Mashable

If you are like me and millions of other people around the world, you know what it's like to struggle with imperfect vision. If you attempt to correct it with contacts or glasses, you know these struggles all too well.

1. "Wait, you wear glasses?"

The people who ALWAYS wear contacts, this one is for you. You go one day wearing your glasses instead and get bombarded with the obvious question, "Wait you wear glasses?", all day long.

2. People with perfect vision just don't get it.

They will never understand how it feels to have to actively work to have decent vision, and they wake up every day seeing in HD with no effort at all.

3. Falling asleep with your contacts in.

It happens to everyone with contacts at least once, and it sucks. Waking up to what feels like plastic glued to your eye and having to scrape it off before it's too late.

4. Losing your glasses.

While this is such a cliche situation, it is all too real. I often find myself asking my friends to find my glasses that end up being right in front of my face.

5. Trying to lay down while watching TV.

If you have glasses, you understand the struggle of trying to lay down on your side and watch TV. As soon as you get somewhat comfortable, your glasses either dig into the side of your face, or they fall off.

6. When people take your glasses.

I constantly have people taking my glasses and trying them on like this saying, "Woah, you are so blind!" As if I didn't already know.

7. Having to remember to pack BOTH for overnight trips.

While everyone with natural 20/20 vision is carelessly living their lives, us blind people have to remember to bring our sense of sight wherever we go.

8. The labels.

Being a kid with glasses and being too young to deal with the responsibility of contacts, the labels came rolling in. "Four eyes," "nerd," the list goes on and on.

9. The expenses.

Having glasses and contacts means not only paying to go to the eye doctor every year along with the 20/20 people, but it also includes paying for new glasses due to prescription changes and new contacts every few months. Believe me, it adds up.

10. Wondering what it's like to live in HD naturally.

We often wonder how much different our lives would be if we could see perfectly without the help of glasses or contacts.