20 Struggles Only Baby-Faced People Will Understand

Do you look Forever 21 or Forever... 12?

784

Adulting is hard. Adulting is even harder when no one even believes you're an adult in the first place. Here are 20 problems only people with a "baby face" understand.

1. Even when you can legally drink, no bartenders or bouncers ever believe you.

2. And when you show them your actual, real ID they always double or triple check it to make sure it's not a fake.

3. You even get carded at movie theaters to watch movies that have a rating above PG-13.

4. Your parents are always passing you off as a child so you can get discounts at restaurants, amusement parks, etc.

5. Your romantic prospects always overlook you because you "remind them of a younger sibling," or because despite your age, you just don't look legal.

6. The only people who do find you attractive are much younger than you, like the high school boys that holler and wave at you from their mom's passenger side seat on the way home from school.

7. If you are lucky enough to miraculously have a significant other, you get weird looks walking around together because people assume you're with a parent, not a boyfriend or girlfriend.

8. You have major sympathy for Edward Cullen. Looking 17 forever? Not as fun as it sounds.

9. Strangers everywhere assume you're a grade school student, and you always get asked questions like, "What high school do you go to?"

10. You'll be minding your own business, walking around on a weekday and people give you suspicious looks because they think you're a child skipping school.

11. If you have younger siblings, they start to look older than you until eventually, people think you're the younger sibling.

12. You occasionally get offered a kid's menu at restaurants ... and you accept them because screw society expectations – crayons are fun.

13. Everyone else is doing before and after pics on Instagram of how they've "glow'd up" since grade school, but you don't even bother because you basically still look the same as you used to.

14. Applying for jobs is extra daunting because you're pretty sure the people interviewing you only see you as a child dressed in adult's clothing.

15. "No-shave November?" More like no shaving, ever. You've been trying to grow a beard since the 6th grade, but your face still remains as smooth as, well, a baby's.

16. Or, if you can grow a beard, you're forced to keep it all year long, even in the scorching summer heat, because without it, you'd look prepubescent.

17. When you're out shopping alone, the employees eye you suspiciously the entire time, as if you're a deviant teenager about to steal something.

18. If you're a person who wears makeup, you've had to master the art of contouring and highlighting just to make yourself look your actual age.

19. You walk around your college campus and the people around you assume you're just touring because you can't possibly be old enough to go there.

20. You'd much prefer to be thought of as "beautiful," "handsome," or even "hot," but the best you ever get is: "Aw! You're so cute!"

Keep your head up, babyface! By the time all your friends are sprouting grays and getting wrinkles, you'll still look youthful and be the envy of your friend group. Looking so young may be annoying now, but it's a blessing in disguise. It's just, you know, a blessing that doesn't make itself known until later in life, is all. Until then, enjoy the coloring books at restaurants and don't forget to keep an ID on you at all times ... just in case, ya know?