The "I'm A Strong, Independent Woman" Playlist

13 Songs Every Independent Woman Knows

423

First off, I am not a man hater. I am in a loving, wonderful relationship and I wouldn't change a thing about it. However, I am also a college educated woman with ambitions and goals. These two do not need to be mutually exclusive. I am all for dropping the mic one moment on issues revolving around women's rights, and slow dancing with lots of PDA the other moment. We are multi-faceted individuals. We have no need for boxes because not only do we think outside the box but we will break down the walls and keep running. So for all my ladies who wear their independence loud and proud, this playlist is for you.

1. Independent Women Part 1 by Destiny's Child

If you’re an independent woman, throw your hands up at me!

2. Fighter by Christina Aguilera

We all know we wouldn't be as strong as we are now if we didn't have those people and situations that put us through a world of hurt because now we are wiser and better.

3. Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri

The chorus is the anthem of every woman who has had their heart broken only to come out stronger in the end.

4. Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya

Because society shouldn’t dictate what you do with yourself, only you can do that.

5. Confident by Demi Lovato

This song makes me happy on so many levels.

6. Castle by Halsey (*Language Warning*)

Subtle but effective.

7. I Love It by Icona Pop

Most of us have probably met someone at some point who seemed to be from a different planet. If you are lucky, sometimes you can make it gel. Other times, you are two sails passing in the wind. But either way, love yourself and you will learn to move on.

8. Hell No by Ingrid Michaelson

Not sure about the video, but the lyrics are on point.

9. Roar by Katy Perry

Because I personally believe we could all use a little more Katy Perry in our lives. But, this is also just a great song.

10. NO by Meghan Trainor

Nah to the ah to the no no no.

11. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk

Throwin' it back with the original badass, independent lady, P!nk.

12. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez

Because her sweet, cool, calm way of saying good bye has been all of us at some point.

13. Elastic Heart by Sia

There is definitely a lot of deep meaning behind this music video that I am not going to get in too, but the lyrics are strong and an excellent reminder of the elasticity of the human heart.