How To Have a Stress-Free Week

How To Have a Stress-Free Week

A Guide for College Students

85
How To Have a Stress-Free Week
pixabay

It's inevitable that college students are stressed, even during summer break. No matter how many exams we take, or final papers we hand in, there is always something else to do. Aside from the schoolwork, there is also the extra work load added onto our everyday lives. Responsibilities like a job, internships, summer classes, summer work, trying to see your friends as much as possible, spending time with your family, going on vacation, and so much more. All of these factors are thrown into a two and a half, to three month summer break and there always seems to be no time to do it all. This is where the stress comes into play.

College students could be stressed on their days off because we know there is something we probably have to do for tomorrow, and that's what drives us crazy, it never stops. Here, I have broken down, day by day, the simple ways you could stay stress-free and relaxed during a hectic week.

SUNDAY: Start of the week.

-Make a list!--one of the easiest ways to stay not only organized, but relieved, is to have your whole week written out on paper. This is where you can plan out your week, make little notes of things to do or what you may need to buy that week. It is also a good place to log any reminders or notes to yourself so you don't forget.

After getting the list out of the way, some people prepare what they need to do for the next day so they aren't rushing in the morning or forget to do something. This sounds annoying, but you are going to thank yourself later for sending that email when you did.

Once this part is complete, you can almost have the rest of the day to yourself so you are well-rested and ready to take on the week.

MONDAY: Just do it.

Make yourself a large coffee, because you're going to need it

Take this day to wake up as early as your body will let you and get as much done as you can in the morning. This is the time to run errands, make all those phone calls, organize the paperwork you let pile up and check to make sure you responded to all your emails.

Monday is typically a busy, stressful day because you are not only starting the week, but getting new information for the rest of that week and what is happening next week as well. This is a good day to keep note of any changes to your week or anything that is definite for next week.

After a long Monday, we all want to just relax and go to bed, and if you had the successful day you planned, you deserve that good night sleep.

TUESDAY: It can only get better from here right?

Now that Monday is over, you are having hope that it's almost Wednesday, and that means you're almost half way through the week!

Today is a good day to continue to power through! Work as much and as hard as you can while still thinking and planning ahead. Hopefully, at this point you could cross some things off of your list of things to do this week, and maybe you got to see your friends and family today to break up your week.

Even though tomorrow is Wednesday, it is still a working day, so get a good nights sleep tonight.

WEDNESDAY: We're halfway there!

Halfway mark! You are almost done with this week which means you hopefully accomplished a good chunk of what needed to be done this week. Today is also a good recap day, see what you've done and what you still need to do. Did any plans or deadlines change this week? Does more work need to be done before next week? Did you end up picking up another shift at work? Use this days to get yourself organized and caught up with what needs to be done first.

Have lunch your friends today to break up the day!

If you know that you want to plan to go out this weekend, do more work now or get most tasks out of the way so you don't find yourself rushing or not putting in a hundred percent in other tasks or work because that comes first.

THURSDAY: Powering through.

You're almost there! The work week is just about over so you are getting closer to that light at the end of the tunnel. Here is where you may find yourself feeling an extra boost of energy because you are excited for the weekend, so use that to power through these next two days.

Maybe go out to dinner tonight with a few friends or family!

Finish up the last of this weeks work and hopefully throw the list of things to buy for this week away because you did everything you needed to do for this week.

FRIDAY: TGIF!!

Today is the day where you may sleep in a little, but you will have a smile on your face the whole day. Work doesn't seem so bad, and you started gathering notes of things that need to be done for next week.

Hopefully you get out of work early and can go home to make yourself a few notes for next week, check off the last of things on your list of things to do, and get ready to enjoy your weekend!

SATURDAY: Day off!

You made it through the stressful work week you so carefully planned out! Today is your day off! Sleep in, take a long, hot shower, buy a new outfit, and enjoy yourself! Go out and spend the day doing whatever you want because you worked so hard all week and need a day to detox before having to plan it all over again tomorrow.