What can I do to relieve stress?

Stress Is Me, I Am Stress.

Do you feel stressed? Trust me I get it.

111

Stress, by definition, is me. I never feel like I finish my work. I go to sleep around twelve or one in the morning. I wake up at five feeling like I missed my 10 AM class.

I am stressed. I know I am not the only person, but I FEEL like I am the only person. When I say I don't have time to cry, I mean if I cry for even just ten minutes, it's ten minutes less time to study for an upcoming exam. I barely even have time to write this article.

I have been telling myself I am going to learn time management. I am going to schedule an appointment with the campus counseling site, but I don't have the time. My life is updated on Google calendar, sticky notes, and my planner. I haven't had time for the gym except for Mondays, but that could just be a ME excuse.

It's okay to be stressed, it is not okay to make myself stressed. I feel like I have been literally running around everywhere, timing what I have to do, looking at my watch to see the notifications of what comes next.

I am not going home, because I have so much to do, and it's okay to be overwhelmed. I just can't let it control me. So, to the people who feel like 24 hours a day isn't enough: it is. Take a break, even if it's 30 minutes. Eat. Please eat, because I know how difficult it is to remember to eat something when it feels like there is too much going on. Take a shower or do yoga for 15 minutes (dead man's pose is a plus). Do something for yourself for an hour. Just one hour.

Remember everything in this life is temporary: the paper due, the exam, the multiple things you have to do. Your health, however, can deteriorate and make you more temporary than you already are. Learn to breathe, learn to say it's okay. Life is hectic; get used to it. Things won't always go your way and it's okay, that is life.

(Ps. If you're gonna be running around everywhere, make an epic playlist).