We Need To Start Fixing One Another's Crowns, Not Knocking Them Off

The judgment needs to stop.

241

I know this article will seem to be easier said than done but: Why do we judge others? Why, even in our own minds sometimes without speaking, do we become so hypocritical? We honestly don't have room to be. The thing about this is that we are all guilty of it. Every single one of us. It stinks honestly, but can't that change?

There's one thing I've learned in the past couple of years and that's people will have their opinion of you, whatever you do, whether it's good or bad.

For a while, I didn't exactly know how to handle that judgement because, like I've said before, I am SUCH a people-pleaser. Now though, I've learned that people will sadly do you wrong and people will judge your actions even when you haven't done anything wrong or to them. Wanna know why? Because we are all human and our first instinct is to criticize, not live up. Isn't that sad? But I guess it's like when we grew up as kids.

Our parents didn't have to teach us to disobey them, they had to teach us to obey and do the right thing because our first instinct is to do what's wrong. So, even now that human nature follows us. We flee to putting others down so that we can look better.

If we are all honest with each other we can admit that even the "best of us", the people that you see as "perfect" are guilty of these things too because there's only one perfect person and we sure aren't it. While striving to be more like Jesus we still stumble, and of course, that's bound to happen. If we just take a step back and start praying for people and their weaknesses instead of spreading salacious gossip, tearing them apart with our words, and belittling them, then our perspective would change and our attitudes would too.

If we took a little bit more time to say, "Hey I need to pray for him/her this week." instead of, "oh my gosh y'all, have you seen what she's been doing??" that would change everything. We can't be the people that post little Instagram stories saying "strong women fix each other's crowns, not knock them off" and turn around and do the opposite, ya know? It's something that we all have to work on, but let's try. It would make such a difference.

Honestly this article was just something that's been on my mind lately and it might not be the most formal or organized but I had to get my thoughts down on paper and share it with all you.