VSCO Girls Must Be Stopped

VSCO Girls Must Be Stopped

And I oop-

3213
VSCO Girls Must Be Stopped
By Mya Pfeifer

If you've been on the Internet lately, you may have heard of this new trend of "VSCO girls". If you don't know what a VSCO girl is, it's someone that wears big t-shirts, running shorts, and scrunchies while being absolutely obnoxious. They're most commonly known for being annoying about their Hydro flasks and their reusable straws while using their signature phrases "and I oop" and "sksksksk".

There are many reasons to stop this new breed, but I feel as if the most important reason to stop VSCO girls is that they're making the things I wear and enjoy less socially acceptable.

By Mya Pfeifer

For example, this is my typical day to day outfit. I enjoy wearing big t-shirts and running shorts because they're comfortable and they hide my insecurities. Now that VSCO girls have laid claim to this outfit, I feel embarrassed walking across campus in my favorite outfits because I don't want to be looped in with all of the VSCO girls.

By Mya Pfeifer

Another staple of the VSCO girl is a messy bun. I am lazy. I don't want to get up for class and do my hair. No. That is going in a messy bun. VSCO girls can't claim a whole hair style that I've been wearing since the seventh grade.

By Mya Pfeifer

My biggest beef with VSCO girls is the whole scrunchie situation. Scrunchies are amazing and I will not stop wearing them. I collect them and I've been collecting them for THREE YEARS. Now I can't switch back to normal elastic pony tails. I can't go back to the plainness of that lifestyle. I can't go back to a life of creased hair and tight pony tail headaches. I can't and I refuse to go back.

By Mya Pfeifer

Another one that's kind of ridiculous is the Hydroflask. Yes, you look super cool flexing the Hydroflask your parents bought you, but some of us out here just want to drink cold water. Water stays ice cold in there all day and I'm going to need everyone to reject these from the VSCO girl brand and stop associating a certain brand of water bottle with them.

By Mya Pfeifer

Last but not least, reusable straws. I care about the environment and I want to use my reusable straws. Stop giving me that look when I pull the reusable straws out of my backpack.

As you can see, I have a lot of beef with VSCO girls coming for my brand. They must be stopped so I can go back to enjoying my life without my friends tease me for trying to be a VSCO girl. I'm not trying to be a VSCO girl and we need to stop this trend so I can enjoy my life again.

By Mya Pfeifer