Stop Making The Las Vegas Tragedy A Political Debate

Your politics aren't welcome.

77
flickr.com

If you've kept up with your local news, or even just scrolled through Facebook, you have heard that a mass shooting in Las Vegas took the lives of 59 people, and have injured over 500.

You may have heard that Puerto Rico is without power in the wake of Hurricane Maria.

You also may have seen news outlets and friends that have blamed The Trump Administration and pointed fingers toward the left-wing or the right-wing and hashtagged #Guncontrol. If you're one of those people, this is for you:

STOP.

You are senselessly degrading a mass tragedy by sticking your nose in the air and proclaiming how much you hate Trump, or how the Republicans or Democrats are affecting the news. You are spitting in the faces of the families of the victims because your political opinion matters more than the lives that were lost. You are becoming numb to humankind and allowing your party to control how you react.

Mass murder is not an open invitation for you to push your political agenda. Laws will not bring back the innocent lives that were lost. Blaming a side will not lessen the grief of the families that were affected. Hating our president won't make a difference in this world.

"Sonny Melton, 29, a registered nurse from Tennessee, was shot and killed in Las Vegas on Sunday night, according to his place of employment, Henry County Medical Center in Paris, Tennessee. His wife, Heather Melton, an Orthopedic Surgeon at Innovative Orthopedics, survived the mass shooting...'He saved my life. He grabbed me and started running when I felt him get shot in the back,' she said. 'I want everyone to know what a kind-hearted, loving man he was, but at this point, I can barely breathe.'"-CNN

Politics are not welcome here. Your politics don't make you a superior person. Your politics won't stop anyone from inflicting evil. Your politics don't stop knives or bullets from hurting people. Your politics don't offer you salvation, my God does.

"Neysa Tonks, a Las Vegas resident and mother of three, lost her life in the Las Vegas shooting, her employer Technologent confirmed. Tonks leaves behind three sons -- Kaden, Braxton and Greysen."-CNN

This world is evil. This world is corrupt. People who want to inflict pain and suffering will do anything and find any loophole to carry that plan through.

Politics didn't take their boats to rescue victims of Hurricane Harvey, donate blood to hospitals, or give their lives in place of another. People did.

Stop shoving blame toward the NRA, Congress, and the President. Put away your hatred because it's the virus that will rip us apart as a nation. We can stop the darkness by being the light.

"Jenny Parks, a kindergarten teacher for the Lancaster School District in California, was killed in the Vegas shooting, according to Steven McCarthy, her husband's uncle.'She was truly one of the most loving people you could ever hope to meet,' McCarthy said. 'She always went out of her way to help anybody.'"-CNN

As the saying goes, guns don't kill people. People kill people. The Boston bombing was caused by crock-pot bombs manufactured in a basement. 9/11 was caused by hijackers using two planes to shake our country to its core. Evil finds a way to destroy and wreck lives in any way that it can. Our best effort is to unite and remember that the bigger the good, the less the evil will consume and have power.

You can push for gun control. You can push for less gun control. You can fight the Administration. You can conjure up all of the conspiracy theories you want.

However, keep in mind who you love. Mothers and fathers are grieving over the child that they won't see graduate college or walk down the aisle. There are 59 stories that have ceased to have a happy ending. All of the lives lost had families and friends who are wishing for one more day. One more minute. One more second to hear their voice again.