How To Stop Self-Sabotage And Start Supporting Yourself
Self Love

Stop The Self-Sabotage Because This Is Not How Your Story Ends

Shut the world out for a minute before reading this.

82

Pssst, can I tell you a secret?

I've been there. Yes, I've been alone. I've been angry and hopeless. I've been weak and discouraged. I've been anxious and lost. I've been there. I've been scared.

I made a choice — a very, very bad one. I chose to listen to the voices (my negative self-talk). The voices stole my focus, they ambushed my thoughts, they wrecked me… and they won. My self-awareness was exploited and my self-esteem gone. I was detached from myself and depressed.

It happened again and again and again, until I woke up one day and realized, "Wait a minute. This isn't how my story is supposed to end." So I did something about it.

I could've done a million things to cheer myself up — and surely, at least momentarily, it would have worked. But instead of sprinkling some water on the flower petals, I decided to sit by the flower pot and have a little heart-to-heart chat with the flower.

I didn't want to give meaningless advice, judge, criticize, reprimand or add unnecessary pressure. I simply wanted to speak my truth. Self-talk is so powerful when one realizes its true potential and isn't afraid to express it.

Pssst, can I tell you another secret?

You are so unbelievably beautiful and talented. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. You have been through the most brutal of battles, and you still come out perfect and strong as ever. You're resilient, tough and powerful.

Pain isn't weakness for you — it's strength. You burn bridges as you go, construct new roads that lead to even greater highways. Don't underestimate your bravery, your passion, your fire. Your emotional fortitude is greater than people give you credit for.

You have amazing potential. Don't be afraid to showcase it or use it. You're a force of nature.

Always remember that. Always treasure that. Always protect that.

And no matter what the voices tell you, things will get better. You are destined for greatness. You have so much to be grateful for. You have worked so hard. You accept, appreciate and love yourself. Don't be afraid to shut the voices out and say to yourself:

"This is not how my story will end."