Stop Thanking Your Boyfriend Just For Being A Great Boyfriend

Why should you have to thank him for respecting you and your wishes?
169

OK, let's be honest, you've probably had a one-night stand guy, you've probably had the casual 'f**k boy', the late night booty call, or maybe a few of each. So, once you get the 'nice guy' you don't exactly understand how to deal with it. Or in some cases the disguised nice guy. So, this leads to having to thank your boyfriend alll over social media for everyone to see. Which leads us to the fact that you shouldn't have to thank your boyfriend for being a great boyfriend. Yes, I did just say that. Have I done it before? Yes, but I shouldn't of.

You should never have to thank your boyfriend for treating you with respect because literally everyone is supposed to treat each other with respect. You shouldn't have to thank your boyfriend for not talking to that girl that tries to flirt with him because he shouldn't try to do something that would hurt your relationship. You shouldn't have to thank your boyfriend for spending time with you because that is part of the relationship ya know? Why do you thank your boyfriend for the silliest of things?

Is it because you haven't been treated right in the past? Is it because you feel like you don't deserve it? It is because it feels like a privilege?

Well, hate to break it to you, but you need to stop thanking your boyfriend for being a great boyfriend.

You see, a lot of people that relationships last a longer amount of time usually don't have to thank their boyfriends or their fiances or their husbands because they know how to treat a lady.

STOP thanking your boyfriend for doing the simplest of tasks because it isn't worth it.

I've thanked guys in the past and they literally would do nothing for me, I wonder why? I'm not saying don't show appreciation towards your boyfriend, I'm not saying don't say thank you when they bring you something by surprise, I'm saying to stop thanking them for doing something that men are supposed to do. Appreciate him, love him, and be happy with him, but stop thanking him for doing things that he should be doing.