Please Stop Telling Me I'm Prettier Without Makeup

Did I ask for your opinion on my face?
141

It's no secret to any that I'm a makeup addict. Log into my Youtube account, the only subscriptions you'll find are to my favorite makeup artists like Manny, Jeffree and Laura Lee. I swipe my Sephora card almost as much as I swipe my credit card. I run into CVS for face wipes and leave with three new lipsticks to try.

Sadly for me, I wasn't blessed with good pipes, I've never gotten the hang of any instruments and even my stick figures look like they were drawn by a toddler. Needless to say, the artist genes skipped me for the most parts. The only art I've ever produced is the looks I've made in front of my mirror with a blending brush. And (almost) always, I walk away loving the way it's turned out.

But what I don't love? The comments I get, but generally don't ask for, about my makeup.

"You're so pretty without all of that gunk on your face!"

"Guys don't like girls who wear so much makeup."

"I just prefer the natural look."

"But you'd look so much better without all of that."

For the love of all that's good and holy, please stop telling me I look better without makeup on. Please stop telling me I wear 'too much' makeup. Please stop telling me I don't need makeup.

Because believe it or not? I know I don't need to wear makeup. I'm not trying to impress anyone and I know for a fact I'm beautiful without any on. Yes, I do like the way I look wearing makeup but I can easily leave the house without it on. I just genuinely (most days) enjoy makeup. I still don't see how that's such a bad thing.

Sure, you're allowed to have an opinion on my makeup. But, unless you're telling me my highlights on point or there's lipstick on my teeth, I probably don't care. Now excuse me while I go work on my contour.