It's Okay To Not Be Okay

It's Okay To Not Be Okay

You don't always have to pretend that everything is going great in life. It is okay to fall apart. You don't always have to be perfect.

162

We aren't perfect. Our lives aren't perfect. Sometimes we just need a break in life.

It's okay to not want to go out to parties or events. It's okay if you don't want to talk to anyone. Some days, all you might want to do is sleep or binge watch Shane Dawson videos on YouTube. You might not want to laugh or smile. You just want to do nothing. That is okay.

You might want to cry every day. There is no reason behind it, but you just feel that way. You might not want to hang out with friends. Leaving your house just doesn't seem worth it. You might not have the energy to text anyone back. Responding to them would just lead to a conversation, but you do not feel like talking. That is okay.

Sometimes there is so much going on in our lives that we don't have time to breathe or think, and it can be overwhelming. We do so much in our lives, and one day, something in us finally snaps and you just want to stop. Not forever. Maybe for an hour or a day or a week. Maybe even a month. You just want to give up on everything. That is okay.

There's nothing wrong with you for feeling that way.

We take physical breaks from activities in life, but we forget to take a mental and emotional break from things and people. Our bodies and our mind are always working, and we need to take care of them by giving them rest once in a while.

People might think there is something wrong because you seem down or depressed. Well, you're allowed to feel defeated, depressed, and upset. You're allowed to feel whatever you're feeling. You're allowed to take time for yourself to heal. You're allowed to take time for yourself to rest. Give yourself a break.

The next time someone asks you if you are okay, just tell them the truth.

Tell them that you will eventually be okay. Not today, but someday. You don't always have to be happy and pretend to be perfect. Trust me, people will understand. You might think it's you against the world, but you're not alone in feeling this way. Everyone feels that way at one point in their life.

You don't have to shut people out, but you certainly don't have to let them in. Don't apologize for how you are feeling. If people don't like how you feel, just forget them. You're going through a dark tunnel in your life and you're just trying to reach the light at the end.

People who truly love and care about you will wait for you at the other end of the tunnel. They will let you go through whatever it is that you are dealing with, but they will be there for you when you're ready to be okay again.

You'll find your way one day.

When that day comes, you will want to go out again and talk to people. You'll want to laugh and smile. You'll want to hang out with friends. You'll have the energy and motivation to want to do things in life. You'll want to let people in. You'll want to start living again.

It's okay to not understand why you feel the way you feel. Sometimes you go through things in life and you don't know why they happen or whether or not you will get through it. But the sun will come up in the morning and the rooster will crow.

Life keeps on moving and so do you, but know that you can feel sad, frustrated, angry, disappointed, or regretful. You don't always have to put on a show to people.

It's okay to not be okay.