Stop Looking For The Perfect Guy And Start Searching For The Perfect Love

Why we need to stop fantasizing over the perfect guy, and start looking for the perfect love.

464
Huffington Post

We have all been told this our entire lives, nobody is perfect. We are all flawed, and our flaws help form us into who we are as human beings. Even though we are not perfect, I believe that there is a form of perfection out there, that can be attained. I believe in the idea that love can be perfect.

My idea of love may be different than your idea of love, and your best friends idea of love. Love comes in all shapes, forms, and ideas. What is crazy about love, is that it is formed by two people, who are flawed, and imperfect, but the feelings that are felt and created can never be altered. A perfect love to me, is when two people are able to look past their differences, love each other's flaws, and create a bond that cannot be felt by any other person.

If you are searching for the perfect guy, or girl, you are more than likely not going to find them, or if you believe you do find them, you will quickly discover some flaws about that person. Creating this perception of a perfect person in your head, will only set you up for disappointment. Yes, we would all love to have Prince Charming ride up in his carriage, and sweep us off our feet and take us to his castle, but even Prince Charming will have his flaws.

Do not deny a person based on what car they drive, or what type of clothing they wear. The love of your life might show up one day in a 1989 Ford truck, but you might not give him the time of day because he is not in a 2017 BMW. I am not saying that you should not set standards, I am just saying do not judge or turn down a person, based off of how they first may appear. He may not be the ideal guy your parents imagined for you, but if he is able to create that "perfect love" feeling for you, why would you let anyone else determine your happiness?

All relationships have their ups and downs. There are disagreements and obstacles, but being able to overcome a roadblock in a relationship, just goes to show how strong a couple is. A strong couple is able to hold on, and build onto their perfect love even more. Every couple's perfect love is different.

A couple may find happiness in hiking, and exploring, while another couple might find their happiness through binge watching Netflix series together. The memories, laughter, and good times that a couple shares are a part of their perfect love. The perfect person does not exist, but by combining two people together, who love and care for one another, they are creating their perfect serendipity.