You Chose Your Major, So Stop Judging Me For Choosing Mine

Stop judging other people for having a different major than you, stay focused on your own!

118

Okay here's the thing college is hard. For everyone. Not just the engineering majors or the nursing majors or the IT majors. It's hard for EVERYONE. It's supposed to be bettering us for the future. We pay thousands of dollars for this education no matter what major it is so yeah it's not going to be easy.

Some majors have a heavier workload sometimes. Some majors have difficult material to learn.

YOU chose YOUR major so you can stop judging me for mine.

No, I don't have a practical exam where I have to name every body part or have to make a full-scale model of a building or code a website and if you do that's awesome and I hope you're enjoying it and I'm proud of you for giving it your best job.

But that's not an excuse to judge the education majors or the art majors or the communication journalism majors because they aren't doing the same type of assignments as you are. People are doing different assignments for you because they want a different job than you.

The world has millions of professions and there are hundreds of majors available to you. You can be anything you want to be. So once you choose it, focus on it, love it, work hard at it. AND stop judging the people that chose a different major than you.

The communication major beside you at the library is writing a 15-page research paper just like you. The education major is learning how to best communicate with your future children so that they can teach them better. The art major is putting in hours upon hours on one drawing because, let's face it, professors all grade hard. These majors aren't any easier than yours. They are only different.

I'm not saying that your exams aren't hard or that if you dropped me in your anatomy practical or engineering exam that I would pass because I would fail and I would fail hard. BUT I'm also saying that I don't think you could be dropped into an art class or a journalism class and pass either. We are all being trained for different jobs in different ways because we all want different things. Embrace the differences.

If the English major beside you wants to complain about their writing class let them, and I'm sure they'll listen when you complain about your upcoming math test. So stop judging other people for their majors and just band together and hate all the majors and college equally.