Stop Falling For The Facebook Privacy Posts

Your selfies and dog pictures are, and always will be, under your control.

14
TechTimes

Perhaps you are one of the many Facebook users who have published a status claiming you deny Facebook the rights to your posts. Apparently if you do not post one of these “legal” statuses, you will lose copyright control of all information you publish onto the social media site.

Posts such as:

“I suppose since Channel 13 talked about it.
Deadline tomorrow!!! Everything you've ever posted becomes public from tomorrow. Even messages that have been deleted or the photos not allowed. It costs nothing for a simple copy and paste, better safe than sorry. Channel 13 News talked about the change in Facebook's privacy policy. I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future.With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute).

Take a breath however, this is just a hoax. In fact, according to CNN, posts claiming the same issue have been around for seven years now.

Facebook stated, “Anyone who uses Facebook owns and controls the content and information they post, as stated in our terms. They control how that content and information is shared. That is our policy, and it always has been”.

CNN encourages users to actually read the terms of service to recognize Facebook actually states that Facebook users own and control the content and information they post.

Therefore, if you see a post similar to the one above, do not panic. Your pictures of your friends and dogs are not being taken away from you. You are free to post whatever, and it will always be yours.