Stop And Smell The Flowers

Stop And Smell The Flowers

Life goes by in a hurry so enjoy the time you have with friends and loved ones.

3
Stop And Smell The Flowers
Google Images

I cannot believe it. I know I am not the only one of my friends and others who are shocked to realize that adulthood is coming and it's coming fast. And by adulthood, I do not mean turning 18. When someone turns 18, yes, they are considered a legal adult; however, they might not know what it truly means to be that in the real world.

Just sitting here, I remember every major milestone in my life. I remember my first day of school ever. I remember my first day of junior high. I remember my first day of high school, my first job, my first day of college, everything that lead up to where I am now.

When I think about the next stage of my life, I begin to experience some minor anxiety. How am I supposed to pay all these bills? What will it be like to live alone? Where do I go other than Target to furnish my living space?

I am about to enter my junior year of college. This means that I am not only going to be in some of the hardest classes of my college career, but I will be looking for internships and studying for the MCAT at the same time. As a Pre-Med student, I wonder how this brutal schedule could have ever been completed.

As I am coming up on my last week of finals as a sophomore, I am still very nervous for the months that follow, but I am also excited. Adulthood can be scary at first. However, it is also a time for adventure and independence. I can't wait to make the most of it.