There is more to it then just responding.

Sometimes You Need To Stop And Listen To What People Are Saying

Stop developing your own opinion before the person finishes their sentence.

477

We are living in a world full of opinions, but no one is listening to each other. Everyone seems to be getting upset about not being heard, but are they taking the time to listen? I doubt it. Lots of people in my life haven't taken the time to actually listen to what I have to say. They just want to fix me, I don't want to be fixed, I just want to be heard.

media1.giphy.com

Depending on what the individual is saying to you, should affect how you respond to them. Are you taking time to think your response through? Are you putting that person before yourself and your desires first? Are you actually there to give them the energy they need to feel that you are listening?

media1.giphy.com

If you answered no to any of those, you need to make a change. You know now that you aren't being the best friend, daughter, son, co worker, spouse, significant other. You don't have an excuse not to listen now. So start listening, stop being self centered around your own thoughts and feelings and listen to someone else's for a change. The thing about listening to someone doesn't always mean what you listen to you agree with, but have more empathy for others, and listen anyway. Don't always have the reaction to shoot them down as soon as they finish their sentence. Stop and listen and be there for people, it's so important.

media0.giphy.com