Stepping Outside of Your Comfort Zone

Stepping Outside of Your Comfort Zone

So many opportunities lie outside of your comfort zone

33
Stepping Outside of Your Comfort Zone

I absolutely hate stepping outside of my comfort zone. But when people tell you that so many more opportunities come when you step outside of your comfort zone, it is true. Especially to the incoming college freshman, this is a time to basically be who you've always wanted to be. I went to school six hours away from home, in a different state. I knew nobody going into my freshman year. The only way for me to meet friends was to go and introduce myself to people. This was terrifying. I am very shy and I absolute HATE stepping outside of my comfort zone.

But at college, I discovered that is not who I want to be anymore. When I got to college it was really hard for me to talk to people, but by the time second semester rolled around, I didn't feel as shy. I was starting to meet amazing people that I would have never gotten the opportunity if I didn't step outside of my comfort zone.

This summer I was also granted the opportunity to intern at a growing international company. I never realized how important it was to network with people. I have been able to network with people who are in the field that I hope to someday be a part of.

I know, it is easier said than done. Believe me. But when you go to talk to someone new, take a deep breath, and go up to them, talk to them like you have known them all your life. Words can not express how important it is to step outside of your comfort zone. College is about learning who you are as a person. You decide who you want to be and you decide how you want people to see you. For incoming freshman, take this summer to think about who you want to be as a person. What are your values? What are your dreams? Once you can answer those questions, you will be able to positively change your future.

XO,

-K

"Opportunities don't often come along, so when they do, you have to grab them." -Audrey Hepburn