Stepping Out In Faith

Dear friends,

After hours of going through my journals, listening to some good worship music and reading God’s word, I finally figured out what to write about: Stepping out in faith.

Stepping out in faith means leaving the comfort zone you have become so used to. Yes, it can be scary, but God has been teaching me that when you step out in faith, you’re stepping into a life of adventure and trusting the loving embrace of Christ. My friends, trust and faith go hand in hand; the Oxford English Dictionary defines trust as, “(n) [having] firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone of something."

This is what God has called us to do: to step out of our comfort zone and firmly believe in his reliably of the promise that he has given us.

Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41: 10 (NIV)

Friends, I don’t know what stepping out in faith will look like for you; maybe it’s telling that person who sits next to you about the love and grace of Jesus, or going on that missions trip that you feel called to, or even listening to the Holy Spirit to pray for that person even if you've never met them. However, I can tell you that God is right there with you. The creator of the universe has called you by name and has asked you to step out in faith and trust.

I’ve been reading the book of 1 Peter and the Holy Spirit has gripped my heart with this verse:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade.

1 Peter 1: 3-5 (NIV)

Because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, we have been mercifully blessed with a new life and birth through Christ. So what does that mean? Well friends, that means we must trust the plans God has for us and listen to what he is calling us to do. We must joyfully expect that our stories and our lives are being used for the Kingdom of God.

A few years ago a friend said, “may we have the opportunity to be courageous." So that’s my challenge to you; to have the courage to step out in faith and to trust Christ with your life. To thank him, listen, say yes and take action with his calling. You never know, your story and actions can influence others to see the glory of the Lord.

Sincerely,

Miranda

Someone who has just stepped out in faith by writing this.