Life Is Way Too Short To Pass Up Opportunities

Everything you do today is a stepping stone to a successful future.

64
Timothy Dykes

I wrote an article a couple weeks ago titled “My 20th Year Of Life Has Taught Me That Life Doesn't Need To Be Figured Out Yet”, which is an article about how I am far from perfect, but things do seem like they are falling into place. And two weeks later, my life is still not perfect, but things are definitely going great.

I just started a new job at Universal, and I love it so much. I genuinely do. I am not the kind of person to keep a job - I get bored, and I just don’t like working. But this new job at Universal is such a blessing. I get to work with people that know my name, say hello, make eye contact, and genuinely can keep a conversation - all while laughing at my not-so-funny jokes. So, if you are reading this and work with me, I love you guys!

Now work is great, don’t get me wrong, but also just my life is going good. No drama. I’m friends with all the right people and I am finally happy. I go to theme parks like Disney and Universal almost every day to hang out with my friends and have a good time - just like everyone should! My friends have been pushing me to do things, like do well in school, go on crazy rollercoasters (you know who you are), and just keep moving forward.

Now, I could write a book on how I have such amazing people in my life, because I love everyone that is in my life. But my life is still not perfect. I am taking summer classes and still going to Valencia College. I am hoping to hear back from UCF within this week. I got a C in my Earth Science class (come on, it's earth science), and I just figured out my major - finally!

Now once again, I am not here to tell you that my life is perfect, because like I said, it’s far from it. But I wouldn’t trade it for the world, because everything happens for a reason.

If you didn’t do well on a final, it may suck right now, but trust me, there was a reason. If you and your significant other are fighting more frequently, there is a reason. I personally believe that there is a reason behind everything in life, and although it may feel like you can’t do it anymore, you can!

These obstacles are here to test if you can stick with your plan no matter what.

As a person that gives up easily, and I mean very easily, life’s too short to give up. Life is too short to chicken out of your fears, and life is just too short in general. It is impossible to turn down offers at this point. Everything you do today serves as a stepping stone to a successful future. And if anyone is going to have faith in you, it’s you (and maybe your parents). So take every offer that is given to you and enjoy life while you can.