Stephen King Is One of the Main Reasons Why The Horror Genre Is Legendary

I have seen enough Stephen King films to realize that his ability to create the content that he has over several decades is deserving of maximum amount of praise.

13

I saw the original IT film (1990 version) long ago, so long ago the I barely remember it. The only thing I can recall is the ending scene I assume, where one child or multiple children are in a sewer, trying to get away from the sinister Pennywise clown. I know you're thinking "well duh, that's the central part of the movie". Yes, I know. But it is legit the only thing I can think of in think of in this moment. More notably, out of all his films I have seen, "Cujo" is the most memorable for me. The story line itself and characters are iconic, but that damn dog scared the shit out of me when I was younger. I always put myself in the shoes of the mother character mostly. What would I do if I had to protect myself and my child from a raging maniac dog? I would probably pee on myself.

Another film I saw from King as a little girl was "Sleepwalkers". Let me tell you, I have never been so perplexed in my life! Maybe because my young brain could not fully process what exactly was happening. I'm completely confident that no young child can fully understand the complex plots that King's novel based films entail. I was very creeped out though; I definitely slept with one eye open for a while.

Rambling on and on about his work is something that has already been done; I want to openly acknowledge his talent and contribution to the horror genre. There has not been one horror film documentary I have seen that did not credit King's works; I can see why! While I have yet to read any of his novels (I am a terrible person, I know), his films have always kept me on the edge of my seat. If his scare tactics aren't enough, the weird, unusual vibes that are created are something I have never seen from any other horror film. It is hard to imagine horror without legendary films and novels from King. A lot of contemporary horror films pay homage to his past characters and scenes, one being "The Intruder". This thriller film was released earlier this year; it is based on a couple who moves into a new home and the previous owner is having a hard time letting go. In one of the more action-packed scenes, charlie Peck (Dennis Quaid) completely mimics the famous sinister scene in "The Shining" where Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) is looking through a wooden door.

This proves that King's influence on horror films is common and unmatched. Thank you Mr.King for causing me to be creeped out so young. I would love to collaborate with him on a film one day, HONESTLY.