Organizations Against Human Trafficking
Politics

Organizations Against Human Trafficking

How you can join the fight to make the world a better place.

159
Organizations Against Human Trafficking

It is apparent that human trafficking, with all of its complexities, is occurring all around the world. This form of extraction, transportation and exploitation is not biased towards any particular time and place but has networks all over the globe that keep the beat of malice persistent and those fighting against it active.

But who exactly are those fighting against human trafficking? There are an incredible amount of non-profits, charities and organizations that are along for the continuous fight that is the battle against human trafficking in whichever form they see it most.

In this list will be some of the companies varying in region and specialty that are taking up the front line of defence against human trafficking.

1. Polaris Project: Polaris’ mission exists to help eliminate modern-day slavery all together with their three step model to “Respond, equip and disrupt.” By responding, this is when the organization will be able to answer and interact with the victims in an effective manner. Their vision for ‘equip’ is to educate those in the community and surrounding area to help prevent the depravity of human trafficking to continue at its rapid pace. And finally, by disrupting the cycle, Polaris hopes to stop the issue altogether.
  2. A21:This organization highlights human trafficking and specifically the facts that stand behind the issue. It is stated that “1-2% of victims are ever saved,” and A21 exist for that very reason. One of the strongest things about this particular organization is that they recognize the lack of legal access victims receive in the process of being taken out of their business. They help victims obtain a legal council as well as their team is building up awareness for the issue at large. Along with giving the victims access to prosecution of their traffickers, A21 stands for restoration as a whole, emotionally and physically.
  3. Not for Sale: This particular organization came about in the means of uncovering a human trafficking ring that existed right under the nose of an individual (who later became the founder) just in the California Bay area. Now, Not for Sale strives to help eradicate human trafficking by banding together business and company leaders to help make a positive impact on both the national and global business front. Not for Sale’s main headquarters is found in San Francisco but they have projects that can be found in the Netherlands, Peru, Romania, Thailand and Vietnam.
  4. Unicef:Unicef is an organization that directly puts the needs of children first. Their main priorities with ending human trafficking is to both learn the signs of what it means when a child is being trafficked and to take action. Unicef also helps in many other efforts with children around the world, such as immunizations, refugee relief, food crisis and many other pressing issues. As for the trafficking of children, Unicef has in place an “End Trafficking Project” to both raise awareness of the issue at hand as well as to mobilize those individuals into taking action on behalf of these children.
  5. Faith Alliance Against Slavery and Trafficking (FAAST):This organization is apart of a larger group of Christian organizations that are fighting to abolish human trafficking and modern-day slavery by raising communities up and sending them out both locally and internationally. They heavily believe in the education behind what human trafficking is and how an individual is to be treated once that victim is extracted from their prior situation. With programs like “Hands that Heal,” FAAST understands the delicate situation that one can potentially walk into if serving a victim and wants to honor that in the best way possible, along with many other comprehensive approaches to eliminating this world wide issue.
  6. Agape International Missions (AIM): AIM serves as an organization that is fighting the war of human trafficking in the nation of Cambodia. One of the main aspects of the fight that AIM focus on is restoration and rebuilding of communities. AIM is another faith based organization that values and stresses agape love, integrity, respecting others, boldness and fighting for the individual.
  7. Walk Free: Walk Free is an organization that stresses global freedom. They came about after realizing that there was “no one single galvanising global anti slavery voice.” The impact that Walk Free is striving to make can be found in their mission. Through enforcing policies, stressing the awful act that is human trafficking and educating people on fair trade and encouraging the purchase of fair trade products from companies, Walk Free hopes to end human trafficking and make a deep impact on an international level.

These companies are just a glimpse into the greater work at large. For a more substanical list of organizations that are both national and international, visit http://www.endslaverynow.org/connect and learn how to connect with them and join the fight against human trafficking.