Staying Positive In A Negative World

Staying Positive In A Negative World

Negativity can have a strong influence on the way you live your life, but we need to focus on the positive.
8

In the media, lately, there has been a lot of negativity that’s made people realize how bad the world can be. Whether it be the Christina Grimmie case, the Pulse nightclub shooting, or everything going on with Brock Turner, it can be hard to think positive.

Even in the past few years there’s been a lot of tragedy on the news. Police brutality, sexual assaults, murders, bombings. It’s personally made me lose hope in the world, particularly the "great" country I live in: the United States. How can I be proud of being an American when we have so many things going on within this country?

Though social media is a great tool to stay on top of things going on in the world, it can also bring you down as your awareness level goes up. Staying aware of everything going on at all times is exhausting and no one should have to go through that. I love social media and everything it brings to the table, but this is one of the cons of having everything at your fingertips.

Trying to remain positive can be difficult, but it can be done. Not everyone is a negative person and there are people who try to slowly change the world into the way it should be. We should also focus on the positive, but still somehow be aware of the bad things going on so they can be fixed.