How To Remember To Drink More Water
Food Drink

If You're Having Trouble Staying Hydrated At College, Set Reminders

Unfortunately, with dehydration comes a lot of medical issues.

132
Blonde girl holding a bottle of water

"Drink water!" said my mother as we FaceTimed the other day.

One of the most important things in life is to water, but at college, it doesn't seem like it. After running around from class to class, I oftentimes wonder why my backpack is so heavy. On the bus, I realize it's because my water bottle is still there without a single drop removed since the start of the day. If I don't start making a conscious decision to drink water, then I'll remain dehydrated for the rest of the semester. Unfortunately, with dehydration comes a lot of medical issues. Therefore, I decided to make a list of things that I would do to stay hydrated. Maybe you could follow along too!

Make a scheduled reminder to drink water

I find that the reminders app is very useful because it alerts you whenever you have something due. You can even put repeated reminders. This will greatly increase the number of times I remember to drink water on the run.

Drink water on the bus

There is very little to do on a bus, especially one that is stuck in traffic from Livingston to College Avenue. Therefore, I always try to plan things to do on the bus, such as checking iMessages or messenger and replying to texts. I read through my emails during the bus ride to save myself the extra time. I also study vocabulary words on the bus using Quizlet. In addition to this list, I will add drinking water to the list.

Drink less juice and more water at the dining hall

The dining hall is a flood of different juice flavors and sodas. All of the drinks, aside from water and milk, are heavily sugar-ladened and aren't good for the body. The sugared water dehydrates the body even more, which defeats the purpose of drinking more water to hydrate. Instead, I'll drink water at the dining hall, and drink juice on special occasions.

What about you? How do you stay hydrated when you have such a busy schedule?