Not falling asleep in class

5 Ways To Stay Awake During Class

Honey I believe coffee may just actually be your best friend.

384
https://www.today.com/parents/high-school-should-start-late-11-30-m-tired-teens-t42766
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcquinn/2302823476

Do you want to stay awake during class? Ever been in a class so important, but after pulling an all-nighter it is impossible to stay awake? We have all been there, especially during college. Can you blame us? A student can have such a nice and relaxed schedule, but the amount of work they are given takes up their entire social life. The most important thing in our life is taken away from us, sleep. But we know that in order to survive college to earn that degree we must sacrifice our beauty sleep. Here are five ways to help you stay awake during class.

1. Have a good posture

Peak 5 Fitness

I know it sounds difficult to do, but if you want to pass that Biology class or History you have to do this. According to life hacker, when we slouch our bodies takes in 30% less of oxygen than we would take in with good posture. Personally, if I am sitting up straight and not laying on my desk it helps to maintain eye contact with the professor so there a lot of pressure to stay awake.

2. Doodle in your notebook

ADDitude

Drawing in your notebook is the best way to boost your creativity and obviously stay awake. There may be a point in the lecture where you have no idea what the professor is talking about or probably wondering why you are even in the class. But if you want to look attentive and a good student draw in your notebook to make it look like you are writing down notes. You do not have to be an artist, just draw stick figures for 50 minutes.

3. Sit in front of the class

Imgflip

THIS IS CRUCIAL AND SUPER HELPFUL. Sitting in front of the class is a lot of pressure because the professor looks at who is front to know that they are paying attention and writing down notes. There is a sense of obligation to be attentive when sitting in front and the fear of falling asleep will increase because everyone will notice if you do!

4. Go to the bathroom.

Quickmeme

Get up and leave that hell hole. Going to the bathroom at the point of dozing off during lecture is a necessity. It is good to get up so that you can stretch your legs and increase blood circulation. You do not want to be in my position where I am at the bridge of falling asleep as I write down my notes. This has happened to me multiple times in my science classes and my friends have ended up waking me. The bathroom allows me to let go, stretch, and feel more energetic.

5. Coffee will become your best friend.

Mother Nature Network

Honey drink caffeine. If you have come to the point where staying awake in class will be absolutely positively impossible...drink coffee. Coffee will wake your a** up like no other and it will prevent you from dozing off for the ENTIRE DAY. When I drink caffeine it is always a bad trip because I tend to get anxiety from it or worse, the jitters. My hands will literally will not stop shaking and my body feels hyper. Yes, I am on the verge of dying but I am passing all of my classes.

So here you go my fellow college people!! All those upcoming essays, readings, quizzes, and tests will probably ruin your mental health and sleep, but you can do this! Take these suggestions. Survive college. I wish you all the best of luck.