Stay In Track In College

6 Ways To Stay On Track In College

It is very easy to get carried away in college when there is no one to tell you what to do and when things have to get done.

328
College

When you start a semester in college, you are given the schedule of all the tests and assignments up until the end. You also have to keep track of extracurricular activities, handling a job, and socializing all at once. It is up to you to make sure everything is done. Here are a few ways to make it happen.

1. Make a weekly schedule

At the beginning of every week, make a schedule in time blocks of your classes, any meetings you may have, gym time, and study hours. You will not be as compelled to take naps if you see that you set out a time to be productive.

2. Write down assignments in a planner

Along with a weekly schedule, write down specific assignments for every class in a planner. Those are usually all posted in the syllabus, which makes it easier to plan ahead.

3. Have a to-do list for miscellaneous tasks

I found it really helpful to have daily to-do lists in the notes section of my phone. They would consist of tasks such as scheduling a doctor's appointment or picking up a textbook from the mailroom. Not having everything written down in one planner makes accomplishing work much easier.

4. Say no if you cannot spare your time

This may seem selfish but it is important to put yourself first in college. It is very easy to get carried away with friends asking you to grab a quick lunch or attend an event on campus. Those quick lunches will add up and you can risk being behind on simple things like textbook readings.

5. Find a way to study that works best for you

During the first few weeks of the semester, try to figure out where you are most productive whether it is studying with friends or sitting in the library corner by yourself. Again, make sure you do it for yourself and your success.

6. Find you time

There is a lot of work that needs to be done in college and it can get overwhelming. With that being said, it is important to destress and do activities that help you relax and get back on your feet. Being stressed will do more damage than good when it comes to school work.

I found these ways to be most helpful for me. I did not have everything all in one place, which made getting tasks done much easier. Work hard, stay focused, and remember to put your health and happiness first!