How To Stay Focused Your Freshman Year of College ?

Your freshman year can be very stressful, yet very interesting and exciting if you follow the right tasks.

124
Youinc

It's your first year at a small college or university. You're away from home for the first time and you don't have your parents to do things for you so easily. You're getting nervous, overthinking things, and/or worrying on how to make new friends as you leave the ones you've been accustomed to at home. The home cooked meals , the dishes cleaned, the chores and hardships that you didn't have to deal with that much you're suddenly now brought out to. In the back of your mind you're regretting taking that acceptance far away from the school all of your hometown friends are attending in the fall. Everyone is excited to meet their roommates and you're undecided on how you should really feel. Worry no further, I am here to give you some insight on how to get focused and remain focused on what's right at college your freshman year.

First things first, make sure you get an understanding with your roommate because without that there is no bond between the two of you and the whole school year will be a disaster. To stay focused starts with a daily and weekly plan that you stick to no matter what the case. You're going to make friends, even ones that you thought you would never be cool with a day in your life ; you're at a new college, in a new environment , and other freshman are looking to make friends as well, it's only natural for this to happen. But, make sure the friends that you do make are focused on the same dreams and aspirations as you are. The right friends will always lead you down the right path, and the wrong friends will lead you down the wrong path. Be social, too much work and no play never is the answer. But too much play and less work can easily change your A's and B's to D's and F's. The tuition costs way too much for you to be messing around and not staying on task. Study everyday even if it's for a little bit, but after class make sure to go over the material you've been writing down in class. Make time for yourself. Going to parties all the time can drain your body and your mind and leave you unfocused when it comes to class time, studying, and finals. You need your own relaxation so you can alleviate your own stress and just to cool off your body and mind.

In conclusion, your freshman year can be very stressful, yet very interesting and exciting if you follow the right tasks. My advice to all incoming freshman going to a college or university you plan on pursing is to make sure the major you want a career in is what you really want to do because if there is no passion then it will not happen. Lastly, I hope my ways to stay focused your freshman year of college can come in handy and set you off the right way.