How To Stay Creative And Inspired As A Music Producer?

280

Music producers are susceptible from burn out as much as anybody and it can be hard to stay inspired, whether you’re a budding one or established. So, here are some good tips on how to ensure you stay creative.

1. Try Not To Think Too Much

Usually, the best results happen when you just allow your music to happen rather than trying to control it. Even though you may have an idea in mind for the way you want something to sound, the results that you get may not always match up with that idea. Don't let that make you feel like you have failed. Instead, allow your inspiration to take you wherever it wants to without getting too hung up on your preconceived ideas of how the song should sound.

2. Create Spontaneously

Coming up with ideas doesn't have to be a tedious process. Instead, you can start with something completely random and work with it to create a successful track. Sometimes, the best way to come up with creative ideas is simply to let the music happen. Start with a loop and build your song from there. Before you know it, you may have an incredible track that is worth saving.

3. Remix Something Old To Make It New Again

If you are feeling stuck and can't come up with any good ideas, you may want to try remixing an older song. This allows you to flex your creative muscles without the need for a unique or innovative idea. As you begin remixing a song, you will no doubt find inspiration. As you work your way through the process, you may even be inspired to come up with some new ideas of your own. These may be good enough for the public, so it’s best you then learn how to sell beats online and maybe make a little cash.

4. Don't Take Yourself Too Seriously

Adding a little bit of humor to your music can be a great way to liven things up. Don't be afraid to play. Whether you want to add some hilarious vocals or create some funny sounds on your synth, adding a bit of fun to your music can remind you why you love creating in the first place. Plus, you never know when you might come up with an excellent idea. Here is a good guide.

5. Break Down Someone Else's Song

Sometimes, the hardest part isn't coming up with ideas - it is figuring out the technical aspects of how to put it all together. One way to overcome this hurdle is by looking at how other music producers have handled the challenge in the past. Try breaking down someone else's song to see exactly how they put it all together. Studying another artist that you respect and admire can help you figure out how to get good results with your own tracks. Of course, you should never copy their work. However, you can look at how they work and take inspiration from that.

6. Create An Inspiring Space

The space where you produce your music should leave you feeling creative and inspired. Put together a dedicated space where you can work on your art. Start by making sure that space has good acoustics. If necessary, make modifications to space so that the sound is better. Next, address the light level in the room. Decide whether you prefer to work in a relatively dark environment or a lighter space and make any adjustments as necessary. Finally, make sure that you have comfortable seating so that you can spend a lot of time in the space without feeling fatigued.

7. Take A Break

If you aren't feeling inspired, you may want to take a break. Instead of trying to force yourself to be creative, it is often better to take a step back and relax. If you don't have any deadlines that you have to meet, it can be beneficial to step away from the project for a little bit to recharge your creative batteries. Spending time focusing on other aspects of your life can help you return to your project with more enthusiasm and more inspired ideas. It is usually better to do nothing at all rather than to try to force yourself to be creative when you just aren't feeling it.