The Perks of a Stay-at-Home Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year might look and feel different, but there are many benefits to spending it in the comfort of your own home, with a smaller group of your family.

30

Keeping it small and simple might not be too bad after all

No need to worry about anyone asking you how school is going

My professors don't know how to work Zoom and I have not learned a single thing, Aunt Sharon.

Sweatpants are acceptable attire this year

No need to look good when you're only traveling to the kitchen and dining room for the day.

No awkward encounters with those relatives you barely know

The only things hugging me this Thanksgiving are my mom and my blanket.

You can fall into your food coma in your own bed

So much more comfortable than having to share the couch with three other people.

No political arguments with that one relative who you KNOW voted for a certain candidate

Let's keep our mouths filled with food, not arguments, for this Thanksgiving.

You won't be forced to eat that suspicious side dish your aunt always brings

There may be a smaller selection of sides this year, but at least you'll where they all came from.

The couch can double as the dinner table this year

Keep it traditional if you want, but also don't feel bad for prioritizing comfort.

Lastly, you'll be keeping your family safe so you can all celebrate future holidays to come

Even if this Thanksgiving may seem weird, at least you will have more bizarre and awkward holiday memories to look forward to in the years to come.