Finals

How To Stay Afloat During Finals

I have a few tips on how to stay afloat when life comes crashing down on you.

561
New York City View

In the midst of finals, it probably feels like every aspect of your life is crashing down all at once. You don't feel like there's anywhere you can turn to or anything you can do besides just take it. Believe me, I feel it fam. I'm currently managing a business that will close soon as well as taking 400 level classes and managing some sort of a social life! The pressure is on!

However, I do have one piece of advice. So pay attention. Take five. Seriously, give yourself a break! Take a day or two to just relax and enjoy yourself. There's nothing worse you can do than overworking yourself. Once you get burnt out, you'll crash and it'll take a good chunk of time just to get you back on your feet.

Relax.

You have several options. A friend of mine recently recommended taking a nice brisk walk a few days a week. If you know the area of Montgomery, Alabama, then you'll know the name Shakespeare Park. This is a perfect location to just put on some shorts, hook up some headphones, and listen to whatever makes you feel at peace.

Go watch a movie or two with your friends! There's nothing better than really forgetting about everything while watching a movie about other people trying to figure their lives out too!

Another way to escape is to literally escape. I'll be taking a trip soon to Georgia just because I need to get away from it all and try to relax. I need to rest and come back to life refreshed and ready to tackle the end of the semester. I plan on watching a ton of movies, doing some leisurely writing, and spending time with friends to just forget about all of my responsibilities. Speaking of which...

With great fun comes great responsibility.

I know I know, that's not the exact quote, but that doesn't make it any less true. All because I am recommending to relax and enjoy yourself, doesn't mean I'm saying you should go crazy. I wouldn't recommend going to a party and going wild, later showing up on everyone's Snapchat feed because of your wild antics, even though it is entertaining for everyone watching it. If you do go nuts, and let's say you become hungover, you then need to recover from that! So you'll be recovering from the attempt to relax! Don't act the fool, be smart!

You still have a ton of things to do and a lot relies on how you'll handle it. You can cut loose when you're done with the semester with responsible friends who care about you. While, yes, you do need your time, but you need to remember why you're doing it.