We all have a path in life

Stop Questioning Everything In Your Life And Start Following Your Own Life Path

Everyone's life path is different and happens for a reason

204

Recently, my roommate and I were talking about our different paths in life and whether we believe we all have a life plan. For as long as I can remember, I have been a strong believer in my life path. I believe things are thrown into our lives for a reason to either teach us a lesson, make us a stronger person, or change the way we see things.

Growing up I had a pretty average childhood until I was about 16. At 16, I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. For about 5 years I struggled badly with my disease. I was constantly getting sick, losing weight, missing school, and becoming depressed because I felt so terrible all of the time. Finally, when I turned 21, I had to have my first major surgery. Before the initial surgery, I was never upset about the situation because I knew it had to happen.

At one point my parents said something that really stuck with me. They said, "You're strong, that's why this is happening to you". In a more detailed version of what they said, I was the one who had to face this because I was strong enough to face this major life event and life change. Whereas others might not be able to face it.

I believe it was in my life path to have this disease. It has not been a negative part of my life in the least. If anything it has shaped who I am in the last few years and taught me to educate people about invisible illnesses and advocate for those diseases.

I also believe that in our life path we are meant to be so many new people. Those people may or may not stay in your life forever. Whether they help you during a hard time, teach you an important lesson, or shape your life in any small way. Those people were meant to step into your life and be around for you.

For many people, this whole concept of a life path may not be something you agree with or even understand. Which is okay, everyone believes in different things. But, have you ever stopped and sat down to think about the timeline of events in your life and how they have panned out. Were those events ironic? Did people come and go into your life and teach you something?

I know for myself, I have met so many amazing and important people who have shaped me into the person today. I have also met some not so amazing people who have taught me important lessons in my life which have also shaped me into the person I am today.

Whether you agree with everyone having a life path or not, take some time to time to think about your life each day things come and go. Try not to put a timeline on your life and try and go with the flow and see how things happen organically. You never know what could happen.