Starbucks Red Holiday Cups: Designed By YOU!

Last December Starbucks encouraged customers to share their own creative designs on their red cups on Instagram.
4

Starbucks Red Cups have been a staple indicator of the holiday season since 1977.

This year, on November 10th, Starbucks released their 13 Red Holiday Cups designed by you, the customer!

Starbucks global chief marketing officer, Sharon Rothstein, said, "We hope that this year’s red holiday cup designs express the shared spirit of the holidays as told by our customers."

In just 8-days, customers from 13 countries sent in over 1,200 cup designs they created themselves. Starbucks then asked a small group of customers to send in their red cup design so they could evaluate it for production potential, keeping the designs as authentic to the creator as possible.

In the end, Starbucks selected 13 unique Red Cup designs that came from 6 different countries, each is a part of this year's holiday cup collection. All 25,000 Starbucks will be featuring these cups in 75 countries, celebrating the unique cultures and creativity of people from around the world.

Art is an unspoken language, it defies all barriers and speaks to each and every one of us in an impactful way.

Thank you Starbucks, for encouraging acceptance, love and appreciation of people all of the world this Holiday Season. Together we can enjoy hot cocoa, while admiring the beautiful, creative minds of our Brothers & Sisters around the globe!