Standing United In A World Torn Apart

Standing United In A World Torn Apart

Even in the worst of tragedies, we can stand together in support of one another.

3
Standing United In A World Torn Apart
Los Angeles Times

Violence has taken the spotlight these past two weeks. Tragedy has shaken the country to its core and there are so many questions left unanswered. How could someone find it in themselves to commit such terrible acts? Why did innocent people lose their lives over their lifestyle? My heart aches for everyone involved in the Orlando shooting and I will continue to pray for their friends and family as they heal after such a shocking, heart wrenching event.

As the news broke and everyone turned on their televisions for updates, I couldn’t help but notice that in the midst of something so terrible, something so beautiful came from it. Love and support poured from every outlet and people immediately did what they could to support those wounded or effected. Behind every act of terrorism is the desire to break us, and we have yet again proven that despite personal beliefs or disagreements, we will stand united behind one another. In the worst of times, we come together to help each other and show we will not be broken.

There are days that I lose faith in humanity, but when I see the community we form as we all mourn together, I can’t help but think there is a vast amount of goodness still out there. As a country, we will wrap our arms around those who have been wounded and make sure we get them back on their feet. It is my sincere wish that those who lost their lives can sense the amount of love being sent with them as they go.

The world we live in is scary-- it seems like every couple of weeks there has been some unspeakable act of violence. We live in a world torn apart by hatred and radicalism, but I am comforted in the thought that despite everything, good people will stand united. We will not cower in fear, but rush forward to assist and support one another, no matter what-- we will shed tears together, hurt together, but we will not sit in fear together.

My heart goes out to Orlando. It will take time to recover, but know the country is rallying behind you in the process-- the country is grieving with you. Together, we are strong-- the worst tragedies only pull us together and make us more powerful. Love will always speak louder than the hatred behind acts of terrorism.