How To Stand Up To A Rude Boyfriend
Dating

Ladies, If He’s Treating You Like $#!*, You Need To Stop Giving Him The Option

Stop gifting him with a free pass and start throwing his BS excuses in the trash, period.

85
woman making duckface
Amber Armstrong

We've all been there: sat by our phones, waiting for a response that doesn't come for hours (or ever). Giving this individual a free pass by saying, "He just forgot," or, "He lost track of time!" when something goes wrong or the relationship starts taking a turn for the worst we let it slide. We rely on ourselves to make a good excuse for why their actions weren't the best.

Even if arriving late is one of your BIGGEST pet peeves (hint hint, mine is), you will most likely be OK with it because they're so gorgeous and "perfect" that it doesn't matter what they did. But deep down inside our forgiving, beautiful hearts, we are more upset than when Michael Scott found out Jan's baby wasn't his #yikes.

We think they're doing their best and maybe someday things will change. We believe they'll magically read our minds and realize their actions need to change. But how are these patterns ever going to improve when we make them think we don't care how they treat us? They might not even realize that changing the time of a date or making a teasing comment about our outfit actually infuriates us.

We are allowing them to ignore us, arrive late, or treat us like a second option because we aren't voicing the issue of the situation.

If they're 45 minutes late to a first date, too busy to respond with a, "Sorry, I will call you later" text, or they find any excuse not to make you a priority, then you need to speak the f*ck up, girl (or leave, that's always a valid idea).

I remember my homecoming date arrived TWO hours late to pick me up, blamed it on going to jail for the night (also, how did he get out JUST in time for the dance?), and that his mum called the cops on him. Can I just take a moment to call BS with a side of not giving a sh*t about my feelings on this whole situation?

NBC Universal

At the time, I WAS THE ONE who apologized for getting angry about him being late (TBH, I should've just gone to the dance without him and throw his ticket in the damn trash). The fact that I believed this lie hurt my mind and bank account for the amount of money I spent on a dress to look decent in our photos #neveragain.

Is it that hard to find someone who is on time? Yes, because I don't explain to them how this makes me feel, I let it slide because I don't want to make a huge deal out of it...

You're allowing them to see that treating you like a second option is completely OK, when in fact that sh*t is nowhere near the land of "OK."

We show people how to treat us, period.

Even if you're "madly in love" with this human being and they can do no wrong in your eyes, you need to see beyond the "love" and be firm while standing up for how a queen, like yourself, should be treated!

If we allow our partner/fling (or that guy you kissed a few times and have no idea what y'all are) to think it's OK to constantly be late, make rude comments towards you, flirt with other girls in front of you and not bat an eyelid at the situation, then you are teaching this significant other they can treat you like trash. When, in reality, we should be seen as a queen that doesn't deserve their BS excuses.

Speak up today before the BS takes your dignity away #YouveGotThis.