Stages of Sickness in a Dorm

Sorority rush seems to be a great way to spread illnesses such as the flu. I was one of the unlikely people who was affected by the flu during the first week of classes. I am currently still playing catch-up trying to make up for my unfortunate sick days. For every freshman in college who has the flu in a dorm, here are the seven stages of the flu while living in a college dorm.

1. I should've taken more Emergen-C

Maybe if I was more proactive I would not be sick right now.

2. Should I go to Student Health?

They will probably just tell me to take Tylenol.

3. I really miss my mom

She would make me some yummy soup if I was home right now.

4. I haven't eaten real food in 3 days, is that okay?

Living off Boom Chicka Pop probably isn't healthy, but I'm definitely not going to the dining hall with the flu.

5. My professor probably thinks I'm hungover since it is syllabus week

Yes, maybe some people are partying during syllabus week, but for me, a party with the flu is eating tomato soup in bed watching Gossip Girl.

6. My roommate hates me

Coughing up mucus and sniffling every 40 seconds isn't exactly what every roommate wants to hear.

7. Okay I've spent 3 days in bed, I should probably go to class now

I'll only go to class if I Uber there with a box of tissues and can wear sweatpants.

Everyone, wash your hands during rush.