Why Is Spring Semester Worse Than Fall Semester?

Chaos is taking over my life.

133
Jane Saska

I'm only a junior, so I'm not sure why I've been reflecting so much lately on my time at Asbury. Maybe it's because nostalgia is a big deal for me. As much as I look forward to and work towards my future, there are certain things/feelings I miss from earlier in my life. But in my reflections, I've realized just how chaotic each of my spring semesters have been as a college student.

Freshman year: My dad got a job in Virginia, and he moved down there while my mom and I waited for the house to sell. Over spring break, I had to start packing up my room. I made it home for Easter (albeit, I was only there for about 48 hours, and it was a 9-hour drive there and a 9-hour drive back). Freshman formal and Highbridge happened in the same weekend. Worked 8 hours a week.

Sophomore year: My dad lost his job and found another one. So many papers, photography projects, and poems due. Worked 9 hours a week. I came down with a cold the week before Highbridge. Tried to find a summer job. Failed.

Junior year: This semester started out pretty easily, but it's been getting more and more hectic. Working 14 hours a week. Caught the flu/a bad cold right before spring break and have been a bit behind on homework since. Applying for so many internships and praying one of them is the place God wants me to be. Have two more academic book reviews, a final 6-10 page creative writing project (which, to be honest, isn't that long compared to other creative writing projects I've had), and a Shakespeare performance still to go.

So why does spring semester feel so much more chaotic than fall semester?

Does senioritis set in for me every spring? Does the warmer weather make me procrastinate, thus increasing my sense of busyness? Are more events I want to attend scheduled in the spring?

I don't know, and I don't understand it. Even finding time to write this post was a struggle; I hardly have time for my book blog these days, and I've read fewer books so far in 2017 than I read in the first six weeks of 2015 and 2016.

If anyone has answers/solutions for me, I'd greatly appreciate them.