A Letter To The Busy Spring Semester Of My Second Year

I know that I'm always busy, but can the semester get a little bit more manageable?

159

Dear Second Semester,

Please be easier.

After being in college for a year, I thought that I had it figured out and that my second year was going to be great. I was going to take classes that I liked and were relevant to what I wanted to do with my life. I joined new organizations; while they take up time in my schedule, I'm able to do things that I love.

Fall semester was rough, and I thought that it was because I needed to find a better way to divide my time and that I needed to adjust to my new schedule. I made it through the fall semester, and I was content with how I had spent my semester, and even though it seemed like a lot of work, I made it through, and I enjoyed what I had done.

At the start of the spring semester, I thought that this semester would be better. I knew that all of my classes would be reading based, but I like reading, so I thought that it would be fine. But the issue with readings for classes is that they're always articles and much longer than you expect.

Being a couple weeks into the semester, knowing that exams will be starting soon, I'm worried about how much time I have to get things done. The general feeling with my friends is that we all need an extra day of the week, a couple extra hours in each day to get everything done. I don't even mind being busy; I just would like to feel less like I don't have enough time to do the things that I need to do.

So second semester, please be just a little bit less stressful. I know that you're not going to be less busy, but that's okay because I'm using this time to do things that I love. But I'd really appreciate it if I could get through the semester and not feel like I need to take a week-long nap.

Last semester felt like I was just going through the motions to get to the end, but this semester I want to be able to look back and remember feeling an emotion other than stress. There are so many things that spring semester brings that I have to look forward too, and I don't want a rough start to distract from those things.

Here's to the hope that things get better. They don't even need to get easier; just more manageable.