Spring Semester according to Parks and Rec

10 ays Parks and Recreation describes Spring semester in college

17

As I am preparing to go into my next college semester I realized that one of my favorite shows Parks and Recreation can describe a college semester. From the first day back on campus after winter break to working on group projects or just trying to make it to that 8 am class on Mondays.

1. That first class after winter break.

Coming back after any break can be hard, but its even harder when that month long vacation is just never long enough. It can also be weird because you never have the time to see everyone who you want to see, and let's face it the holidays are stressful, unless you are under 7.

2. When you get your first assignment.

Why do our professors think that after only a few weeks in their class that we know enough to write a full paper about said class? Don't they know we are still trying to rest up after our vacation.

3. When you have four projects, two exams, and you made plans to go out with friends.

It's not considered procrastination if you are just whole-assing one thing at a time right?

4. After you get your exam grade back after studying all week.

Lets face it we have all taken an exam that we just didn't get the grade we wanted to get. When your friends ask what you are going to do about it this is a good response.

After that most transition into the hate stage of grade grief.

After going through the hate stage your friends will find you somewhere like this, in the acceptance stage of grade great.

It is important to remember that grades and work are important but it is also important to take care of yourself, mentally and physically.

5. Calling home at different points in the semester.

What your conversations with your parents sound like in the beginning of the semester. Everything seems really great and easy when you don't have to worry about an assignments or exams.

In the middle of the semester you start to feel a little lost but also like you are starting to at least know what you don't know. The first stage of learning is to know what you don't know and start from there.

And then you hit that part of the semester where you are telling your parents that you are going to just drop out of school and become a stripper even though you can't dance. You really start to question if its worth going through all this.

But of course it is, and you will make it out on the other side just fine. Remember if all else fails, C's get degrees.

7. Checking your bank account before spring break to see if you can afford to do anything fun.

I'm not sure how so many college students have the time, energy, or money to party all of spring break.

8. Everyone's point of view on working in groups.

We all know that one person who no one ever wants to be in a group project with or have join the study party. If you can't think of anyone, maybe it's you.

9. When there is a snow storm and your professor won't cancel class.

For those of you who do not go to school in a place where snow is a thing, you are lucky. There is nothing like trying to fight your way over snow banks and freezing cold wind and snow to get to a class you don't even want to go to.

10. When you are the only single one in your friend group and Valentine's day is right around the corner.

Being single is fun, great, but it can be hard when all of your friends are in relationships and you are the odd one out. It's not that much fun to be the third wheel, even when you are all friends. That is why when you hear your friend say something like this it can either be scary or ok. In the long run you know there will atleast be a good story coming.

College is a great time to make friends and memories but it is hard, and that is why when ever you have the chance to look back and laugh at what is happing to you is a good thing to do. It is hard and confusing to go though college and to find out who you want to be. I hope you found some humor and truth in this article.