Spring of Senior Year

Spring of Senior Year

What Now?

28
Spring of Senior Year
The Cherry Vine

There comes a moment where the Senior student just does not know what to do. There is a good side to it however. Thesis is over and a part of the weight has been lifted off your shoulders. You probably don't have any E-Board positions. Chances are all requirements for your major are done, so you should have enough time to either work or look for a job. You are in a good place. Until you realized there is a bad side.

Graduation pictures? Some look good in them. Some don't. That is just how the circle of life works; get over it. Your Office of Career Development will try to schedule companies to talk about job opportunities. Sometimes they will cancel them, and you will lose your mind. In addition, since you will be preoccupied with other things, the clubs you are in may not see you as often as they used to. You can't have an internship. I mean, you could, for the sake of getting experience. But you won't be getting paid. So no. Better yet, get a fellowship. It will last for a while and it will benefit you in the long run. God knows we need to pay those diabolical loans.

Does it get any easier? Nope. A question remains: grad school or no grad school? If you are lucky, you won't have to go. And even if you did, chances are you will choose your college again. The one thing that is not suggested is for you to make grad school your default move. Don't do it unless you really want to do it. You are probably getting mixed messages from this post, right? I know. It is not my intention to confuse you. There is one thing you can do. Regardless of whether your school's Office of Career Development is helpful or not, take advantage of it. Chances are you will find a job through them. Go to interviews. Shape up your resume. That God forsaken resume that we love to hate. More importantly? Don't look sight of what is important, your happiness. And that happiness is made out of yourself and your friends. Don't lose touch with them. Last but not least, reminisce in all of the four years that have passed. And enjoy what's left.