8 Things Nebraskans Say Far Too Often During The Spring

All four seasons in one day? Challenge accepted.

26
Storm And Sky

I hate this state when it comes to that awkward "in between seasons" phase. The weather is about as unpredictable as your crazy friend (or worse) and can hit all four seasons in one day. Now that we're into the beautiful month of April, how can we describe Nebraska?

1. "Where'd the sun go?"

We're going on about day six and counting in the city without seeing the sun. Do we live in Seattle? Nope. I'm not sure which is worse, the sadness of no sunshine or the depression of going to class at 8 am.

2. "Chance of some good hail today."

Yikes. Here in the Midwest, we usually think that warm weather is anything above 40. Problem is, this time of year when it's still 40 the rain doesn't know if it wants to be liquid or ice. Good luck driving!

3. "Time for 'nado chasin'!"

You didn't truly grow up in Nebraska if you didn't look outside anytime the tornado warnings go off. It's practically a ritual.

4. "What's it feel like to not be blow away while walking to class?"

I didn't realize the relevance of this until I got to college. 65 degrees today? Jk, it's going to feel like 50 once you factor the wind. Also, don't even bother doing your hair.

5. "Storm SZN"

Hopefully you aren't scared of thunderstorms if you live in the state because Nebraska has some of the biggest, baddest, but prettiest storms. Luckily some pretty neat rainbows, too.

6. "Did you like those shoes? Sorry."

Time to break out the old rain boots and tennis shoes, folks. I would highly suggest to never wear any shoes you care about while walking in town, because it's bound to rain and you'll be hopping puddles.

7. "Let's figure out how many seasons can be in one day."

Challenge accepted. It might be 32 and snowing by 7 am, hit 45 and be raining by noon, but by the time you're off work it could be 65 and sunny. It's funny how people from out of state just don't understand this. (At least I laugh about it.)

8. "Trust me, it's not this awful all the time."

Once in a while, Nebraska will throw in a day of pure beauty in the form of 75 and sunny with a light breeze. That's why they call it the Good Life, am I right?