Spring Is The Worst Season Of All, Change My Mind

Wake Up And Smell The Pollen: Spring Is The Worst Season Of All

Just because the we like the nice weather, doesn't mean we like Spring.

135

After we've struggled so long with the cold cold winter, almost everyone is looking forward to the rest of spring and the start of summer soon enough. Most people enjoy the nicer weather, but just because we like the nicer weather doesn't mean we like spring. Because honestly, spring is terrible and pretty much the worst season we have to go through.

Take apart the nice weather for now, what else do you really like about spring? Maybe the flowers blooming and trees growing leaves again? The longer days? More people going outside to play and hang rather than stay indoors all day? True, these things can be some of the best parts of spring, but all with a catch. People can love nice weather, but liking nice weather and liking spring isn't the same thing. Here are the reasons why spring is actually terrible and has no place to be called a favorite season.

The weather can't make up its mind

Seriously, it's a lovely 60 degrees on Tuesday, followed by 40 degrees on Wednesday, with a 75 on Thursday before dropping down to the 50s and 60s for the weekend again. There's no guarantee that the weather is gonna be nice one day and freezing the next, that's just how spring is and it's really annoying. Do I put the air on or not? Do I take out all my summer clothes or do I keep the hoodies and long-sleeved around? Is it time to open a window?

Plus we start going through the phase where it's freezing in the morning then too hot out in the afternoon, what are we supposed to dress for? When can I wear Capris or shorts!?

Allergies

For anyone like me that is allergic to pollen, flowers, trees, and basically, everything that is coming in full bloom and blast, spring is complete hell. The sneezing and the coughing and the runny nose and the watery eyes, spring is certainly not an allergy's best friend. And even if you're not someone who may have intense reactions at this time, chances are you're at least sneezing a bit too.

Where did these bugs come from?

It's warm out, but still cold enough for you to be set in this mindset that the bugs aren't really out yet. You may see a fly or some bees roaming, but no real bugs that get in your way. That is, that's what you think until you're on your way to class and you end up walking through a bunch of gnats.

It's too nice to be indoors

One of the only good parts of spring is the nice weather, obviously. But here comes the downfall: you're too busy to enjoy the weather!! Whether you're at work or school or dedicated to some other activity you may not want to be doing, it's so unbelievably beautiful out and you can't go outside and enjoy it because you're stuck at work, or in class, or doing some homework that's due tonight. This weather is some of the best you're gonna see, not too hot and not too cold, but your sorry self can't even enjoy it because that's just how it works in life.

Spring cleaning

No one likes to clean, but we all have to do a little "spring cleaning." It's very unfortunate, and because you really should take the time to adjust and clean (and the fact that everyone else is doing it means you gotta do it too), you'll be doing it too! It's dusty, it can be gross, and overall it's just not a fun thing you have to do.

Rain

Well, we all know what they say about April showers bringing May flowers, but seriously it's suppose to rain all week? And most of next week? So much for the great weather, it's all about the rain and the storms now.

And now you have to keep up with the outside

Better shake off last year's lawn mower and get some gas in there, because you're gonna start needing it. You're now entering the phrase where lawn upkeep is mandatory and you can't have your grass looking dead or overgrown. It's time to rev up that engine and start mowing your lawn, because if you don't, even for a week, you'll look like a mess!