Spring Cleaning

Spring Cleaning

cleaning is easy

62
Spring Cleaning
Clever Girl Organizing

It's almost spring. What do people do in the spring? They do spring cleaning.

Spring Cleaning Checklists By Room

Use these checklists as a springboard to deep clean the areas of your home that really need extra attention. Skip items that have recently been cleaned and focus on the parts of your home that have been neglected all winter long.

1. Begin with a 15 Minute Kitchen Cleanup.This will clear out the clutter and dirty dishes, and give you room to do the actual intense cleaning projects. Don't worry about cleaning the floors in the 15 minute clean up. We will do this later.

Dust down the ceiling and corners of walls. Determine if the walls need washed in dirty spots.Spot wash, remembering air vents, doorknobs, doors, switch plates. Walls will likely need to be washed more often in this room than in others. You may not have noticed that the hand mixer or blender sloshed goop all over the wall. Take your intense cleaning time now to clean the grease, grime, and spilled food from your walls.

1. Dust and clean all art and photographs along the wall.Be careful when cleaning framed art and photographs. Never spray cleanser or water onto the frame. The liquid can seep behind the glass and damage the pictures. Instead lightly wet a clean cloth to wipe the frame and glass.
  2. Dust and clean the ceiling fan.You may need to use a gentle cleanser like Murphy's Oil Soap. Take down any light fixtures and gently wash and dry them before replacing.
  3. Take down draperies, curtains, and blinds to wash or have cleaned according to the manufacturer's directions.Vacuum and clean windowsills and corners. Wash the insides and outsides of the windows. Take down and rinse off screens, before replacing.
  4. Apply oven cleaner to the oven and clean the refrigerator.Leave the windows in the kitchen open to avoid the overpowering smell. Don't forget to vacuum the coils of your UNPLUGGED refrigerator. This is a great time to sweep and mop underneath it too if you can find some help to move it. Be careful of scratching your floor.
If you want more information on spring cleaning, go to https://www.thespruce.com/intensely-clean-a-kitche....