Spring Break Tips for Self Care

Spring Break Tips for Self Care

876
Spring Break Tips for Self Care
Unsplash

Spring break is just around the corner, which means time for relaxation and a week’s worth break. When we think of the term “spring break”, we usually think of parties and drinks. But that’s not everything, nor should you have to feel pressured to do that if that’s not your thing. I personally like to use spring break as a time for self-care (i.e. journaling).

Here are some helpful ideas to have a relaxing spring break.

1. Going on a walk - Now that spring is almost here and the weather is getting warmer, it’s a great opportunity to explore nature by taking a walk in the neighborhood, hiking, exploring the beach or a setting of your choice. The important thing is to take a breather and reconnect with nature.
  2. Reading - As a bookworm, I love using this time to catch up on books that are on my bucket list. There’s nothing more exciting than to delve into another world and escape reality.
  3. Watch a TV Show - This would also be the perfect time to catch up on your TV shows that you haven’t had the time to watch.
  4. Digital detox - You might want to use this time to unplug from technology, including social media and allow yourself to just be present with friends and family.
  5. Trying out a new hobby - This is also a great time to get into a new hobby. For myself, I’ve been wanting to practice web and graphic design.

When you allow yourself to rest and truly be present, you find that you’ll be better refreshed in the long run. Self-care should be an everyday occurrence but when we do have long breaks, we should make the most out of them.